If there is one fundamental principle I live by, it is to remember the second law of thermodynamics: that everything is subject to entropy and decay.
In less intense terms, it literally means everything is falling apart slowly.
The 5 Principles of Self-Management:
- Actively manage these four things: physical items, digital items, thoughts, and time.
- Focus on systems and routine to automate recurring tasks.
- Treat yourself like your own CEO.
- Beyond organizing your digital and physical items, it’s important to organize your mind.
- Nothing is forever, the key is maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.
The “organize your mind” step is part of why I have this mind garden!
I’ve found that ensuring these four are organized is one of the best ways to minimize stress and anxiety:
- Physical items
- Digital items
Using the analogy of a business, what are the key categories in your life that you need to consistently maintain? For ex: Physical Health? Financials? Relationships? Personal Growth?