What if it didn’t matter how productive you were today?
In this episode, I take a deep dive into a concept that I call “tender discipline,” which is the practice of taking a gentler attitude toward your productivity.
- Cognitive momentum – both directly after a task (leave a little buffer between tasks so you can keep thinking) and from day to day
- List of things that make you feel good
- Visually track progress and mood together
- Recover from burnout by being more in the body and less in the mind
- Take 3-4 days off of any input (reading, listening to podcasts, watching), and do journaling to see what thoughts arise