Learn why a design system is central to designing digital products and user experiences and when and how to break that system to make your work more inspired.
- Form follows function – everything has a purpose
- Total work of art – designer is responsible for the totality of the project
- Machines / technology needed for mass production
Technology allows work to scale – but scale is a blessing and a curse
Ginga (pronounced “jinga”) – cool way of moving, freely, loosely – Brazilian term
I think I need to look at some more Brazilian design, his examples are cool 🤔 Reminder it’s important to look outside of the familiar, not get stuck in European and American centric design.
“When we build, let us think that we build forever.” – John Ruskin
“How can we refuse oblivion? How can we bring more eternal qualities to the digital products we ship?” – Fabricio Teixeira
- Deviate with a purpose
- Don’t silo UX and UI, everything should work together “to deliver magical moments”
- Bring tech into every step
- Leave room for serendipity
- Expressive Design Systems by Yesenia Perez-Cruz