Skip to the content
- Walkable — keep the whole area small enough to not need to drive — confined with a wall to limit sprawl!
- Human scale blocks — should be quick to walk
- Variety, visual interest, curving streets rather than immensely long straight boulevards
- Use locally sourced, sustainable / renewable materials (wood, stone, rammed earth) that last a long time
- Build at the front of lots, close together, fill in gaps, expand on existing buildings
- Lay street surfaces with interesting, varied, beautiful materials like stepping stones