After finishing NaNoWriMo on the 30th, I took Thursday through Sunday off of fiction writing; for a long-term schedule, I want to try taking at least the weekends off, and potentially Fridays as well.
I didn’t want to leave it too long though, so even though I had a conference in the morning, I wanted to put in some time on the book today. Coming back in, I started by setting up the file structure for the rest of the book. I pulled over my loose outline from Excel, created files for scenes and outlines, and estimated my target word count for each chapter / scene. I have about 46-50k words remaining, which would put the completed draft around 80k 🙌
I was a little off schedule because the conference overlapped my usual writing time; instead, I sat down to write after lunch. I definitely felt low energy around 3 but pushed into a second hour and got a lot of good thinking done. My updated chapter worksheet helpfully prompts improvements — I figured out how to make the scene more dramatic and give the heroine a chance to show off.