Interview of Om Malik by Manton Reece from Micro.blog
- blogs can’t compete with the speed of social media — an opportunity for more considered work
- for innovation, pay attention to how younger people are using tech — us old folks didn’t pick up on the value of the front-facing camera
- platforms are into verbifying themselves — specialty vocabulary using their brand — micro.blog intentionally did not come up with a special name for posts like tweet, toot, etc.
- text-casting — rolls together blogging, microblogging, etc.
- how we interface with “the internet”: browser –> apps –> ??? (Chat-GPT might be a sign of the future)