Tune in to our Live Stream Virtual Event with Kit Rocha to celebrate their third Mercenary Librarians novel, Dance with the Devil. They will be in conversation with Alyssa Cole and Courtney Milan to chat about all things romance!
- Community after the apocalypse — tool libraries, community gardens
- It’s about not waiting for permission, but seeing what is needed and doing something that will help — like these authors organized Romancing the Vote to raise money for Fair Fight in like 12 hours
- Hope isn’t lame — why are we all so scared we’ll be made fun of for thinking something good might happen?
- Preppers have no long-term plan — need community, can’t just stay in your commune
- Historical fiction actually isn’t that much more research than other genres
- A lot of dystopias never actually consider food production and logistics — food (especially tasty food) becomes leverage / power
- Our current food systems and supply lines are not resilient — need to grow a variety of crops as a community because no one has room to grow enough of everything
- Interesting when writing mirrors real life — writing dystopia during dystopia sucks 😂 — Alyssa was getting dx’d with ADHD at the same time (unintentionally) she was writing A Duke by Default with an ADHD lead
- Themes arise organically during writing… maybe before you’re ready to process a problem but getting started will work their way into the book